A Day in which Progress was Made

Started off with an early walk. Saw our friends, the little tagged deer. Together as usual. You can see how much bigger the buck is than the little doe. They were rehabbed together as fawns, and still keep close company.They were grooming each other, so sweet.  Their coats are going gray so quickly this week.
On my way out of the woods, i saw this lovely trio.

I wonder if these fawns are also a buck and a doe, as they are so different in size. So happy when I can get a picture before they scamper off.

Home to handsewing, and I made it this far.

Onward to the star band, which will complete this rosette.

I need to make a lap quilt for the VA nursing home, so I started pulling fabric for that. This one caught my eye on Pinterest. I am not sure who the original designer is. Need to do it 36 x 48/ Was thinking of doing it in 9" blocks, but maybe 12" makes more sense, as it will be quicker.




Comments

  1. That's a neat pattern! It looks really good in red and blue, with the white stars. I suppose you could do the stars in any of the three colors with the other two as the background squares. Perfect for using scraps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Louise. I am working on a couple of test 9" blocks and will explain my cutting approach in my next post later today. Its all about math vs sewing a few threads over from the fold line on those corners......

    Off to aldi's for groceries now though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!