Decisions Decisions

Well, I posted an update on my new rosette to the new inklingo group on groups.io. (Actually it's the original yahoo group ported over to a new platform. All the gorgeous eye candy pictures came over too. 

My hasty before dinner layout with the red in the center:




And the generous creator of inklingo, Linda Franz popped on my post with a gentle question. Have you thought about turning the center diamonds the other way?  I hadn't but I did, and decided that I like it better.

Red at the points:



I think that this will mate up the red scroll work from  round 1 to round 3 quite nicely through the narrow red diamonds (which are more of a sliver once pieced between rounds 1 and 3).

Thank you, Linda!

I should have photographed the fabric before I made swiss cheese out of it, but here it is. I think more of it can be used in the star band, if I am careful. This is all I got.





But I also got this from the giveaway pile and maybe it will be for my Patchwork of the Crosses wallhanging.


I am not sure I can do anything with six repeats from this, but there is a lot of possibility for four repeats of many fussycuts. Let's hope for a long snowy winter with plenty of stitching time!

Comments

  1. I'm glad you posted the link, Joanne! You are always welcome to post links in the Inklingo group.
    Thank you for sharing the process with everyone. This is going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your larger piece is a Paula Nadelstern fabric. Always drool over those! Either way would have been great, but I like your final decision. And when you are feeling fussy, may as well do a good job of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a fantastic project! Beautiful fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I was doing some machine piecing today on other projects, but can't wait to get back to this rosette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!