It sees the light of day

I pieced this a while ago and bought the border fabric. Then abandoned it to the drawer of lonely projects. Cut the borders on the weekend and finally stitched them on today. I think the yellow and blue tie it together well.

I forgot to measure it but it looks like it will be somewhat twin or daybed sized.  I started with Bonnie Hunter's Idaho Square Dance block but didn't want to make the alternating log cabin blocks, so I went wild with my 1.5" leader and ender squares and did nine patches with four patches in the corners....which makes it look like 16 patches at the corners where four blocks meet.

Clyde has stepped up to the role of furry quilt prop but he is not yet trained to pose well for the camera.  Bonnie was a pro at this.

I also finished this watercolor on Monday, and I think it's my best painting yet.  I am going to give it as a gift, I hope it's good enough. I had fun with the masking fluid for the birds, white caps and the tops of the boulders in the foreground. I start an adult ed watercolor class on October 4 for 10 weeks. I look forward to getting some real technique, as I am just feeling my way into it so far.


Comments

  1. Two lovely projects! Your watercolors are really improving, and that's a cool quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Louise--how many lighthouses have you seen in your travels?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!