Lots of Progress to Report

Around the Quiltorium, things are moving forward, in spite of a return of the sticky weather.

Finished the little wallhanging of my grand niece's artwork. Finished the third big rosette for La Pass. Not loving the colors really, but it adds more variety in the explosion of color that this quilt will be. Somehow it's all been working out.


Louise at Quilt Odyssey
My plan is to do the last big rosette next to help me figure out what colors to make the little rosette that go between these two biggies. I have something brewing in golds and deep jewel tones and vivid red for that.


On the quilt for the VA, I got the picky part done: putting the dog ear triangles on enough squares to finish the blocks. All queued up and ready to go now. I even reloaded my leader and enders bin.


As usual, Louise is posting lots of inspiration for future endeavors. Color themed string blocks may be in my near future. I have some strings set aside by color group already.  She also alerted me that there is a block drive going on for Covered in Love. I think I missed the last one when life got busy this summer, but his one looks like something I can do. Started pulling and cutting eyespy squares from my stash.

The block design works up into something very modern looking. Since I love block making more than quilt making itself, this is a great thing for me to contribute to. Check it out and read the story of the need for these quilts.

Comments

  1. Oh, your little spy squares are so cute! I love that coffee cup fabric especially. Glad I could provide a bit of inspiration! Thanks for the shout out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you are most welcome Louise! I don't have a lot of eye spy fabrics except for cats and coffee!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!