Three Cheers

For the Red White and Blue. My VA nursing home donation is done!

These stars are easy. I think I may make a baby quit donation this way as well. I have a lot of thirties pastels and if I do 12" blocks I will only need nine of them.  I have some cute flannel stashed away for backing too.  Stash reduction discipline!

 I used bottomline thread in the top and bottom and did my usual overall meander. Backing was a recent purchase from quiltedtwins. I have enough of that to do a second quilt of this size.

Did my cardio, time to hand stitch a little while over my second cup of coffee. Have a lovely Sunday everyone.


Comments

  1. It looks great! Nice to make a r/w/b quilt for the VA. I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated, and not as much work as a full blown QOV with all the special labeling requirements, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really belong to the quilting group at the senior center where they are working on these, but I belong to a knit/crochet group there. I made a lap afghan for the other local VA nursing home last year, and it took me way too much time. So I said I would donate a quilt instead because I am doing other charity knit/crochet stuff at present... not to mention I need to carve out some time to make a few things as holiday gifts. I showed the quilting group a picture of it when I popped in on them after my yoga class last week and they were happy with the photo. They said they need to make 40 quilts, so they really welcome the help.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!