Weekly Roundup

Haven't posted, but I made some progress while offline.

Ta-da!  I have made it this far on the last big rosette.

I have printed everything I need except for some fussiness in the outermost star band. Thankfully that has only (!!!) 12 stars. Still a lot of work to do on this one, but finishing a star band always feels like a major milestone.

Need to wrap up some charity knitting for the local coalition for the homeless, so I cranked up the knitting machine. Early in the week, it was just a series of disasters, but I got back on good terms with that beast and did finish  an adult beanie style hat this afternoon. Made from the overflowing donated yarn bins.

This was not the only cranky piece of machinery in my life. Both my color printers went persnickety on me, but I managed to get my printing done. While hunting for fabric for the La Passacaglia project, I found my first two inklingo blocks.

I decided to print enough for two more squares to make a small four patch wallhanging with these. I am afraid if I just set them aside, they will once again be drowning in the land of lost stash and project stuff.

The weather has finally turned. The velvet is off the antlers of our local deer, and they are getting ready for the rut. Also Bow hunting season opens tomorrow, so I am praying that no one tries to hunt illegally in our neighborhood like they did last year. At least this year, I already know who to call about that. Blurry shot of our little tagged buck with his first set of antlers. I hope he stays in the preserve away from the hunters.




Comments

  1. Your rosette is looking so pretty! And the hat will keep a noggin stylishly warm :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!