A different sort of scrap

Too much yarn, and the hats for the homeless donation is going out next week, so I spent some time with the knitting machine this morning. Cranked out two flats that can be made into twiddlemuffs, which we will be working on in the new year. And two more hats are done. One used up a lot of little oddballs of leftover yarn.

Then I finished my third cat painting, so now I have done all three of the cats that have been in our lives. This was our first real pet, other than gerbils, hamsters and fish.  His name was Little Caesar.

His subtle striping was very hard for me to capture, and cat's ears are always tough to get right. But I got his little smile, so it's good enough for me to remember him by.

Cranking away on the rosette, trying to get a little further each day. I love the vibrant colors in this project, but some pieces are hard to print well enough to see the stitching lines easily. So I am going over the purple with a white pencil. I think my next inklingo project will really take printability into account.


I am hoping for a change in the weather after tomorrow's rain. It's been so muggy and damp that even the mushrooms are growing a layer of fungus out in the yard.  I think that by Friday we will say good bye to the 80 degree days. Leaves were falling at a faster pace today.  

Tomorrow is watercolor class day, then my art group and yoga class.  Made it to 3.5 miles on the ski machine today. I think 5 miles would be a good goal. Should take me about an hour unless I pick up the pace, but I don't know if my dicey knee can handle that. 

Comments