A reliable machine

I wanted to crank out a few more hats to get rid of yarn stash, but the knitting machine and I were not getting along this morning.  So, after an hour of pieceful handstitching on La Passacaglia, I settled down with my trusty Singer 301 to work on more blocks for the covered in love block drive. My selection of eye spy fabrics is pretty minimal, so I am a little nervous about these blocks.  I guess it means I need to buy more fabric. My novelties are weighted heavily towards Coffee and Cats. I guess that says a lot about me. 


Tomorrow is the start of my adult ed watercolor class. I'm excited to begin and acquire some real skills.  

All in all, fall brings me renewed energy. The weather still hasn't stabilized, and we are getting muggy days along with the cool crisp days I crave. Intense thunderstorms all last night. Poor Clyde took cover under the couch for a while. He is finally doing better himself--I see him playing with his toys more often the last few days, without any human assistance. That's good, because he needs to trim down a bit. 

I downloaded the latest Quiltville pattern, Irish Courthouse. (25% off  through October 7) Thought it would be fun to kit up some of these and at least make a table runner. Reminds me I need to make some pillow shams to go with my double irish chain in the guest room. 



Comments