Getting a few things done

A lazy rainy morning so i got some decluttering done here and there around the house after working on my rosette and doing my strength training. 

I managed to get teo more of these little stars done. But i am thinking i need to make another paired set necause it really bothers me that the same fabrics are adjacent in this four patch layout.  Maybe i can alternate them with 6" squares instead. Have to see if i have other Christmas fabrics that would work. I just want to avoid having these blocks go into hiding again.

In watercolor class last week I started to get comfortable with tube watercolors. I had been using only pan watercolors til now.

First color chart was not going well. Too much water for one thing.

So i tried again at home.

We are working with a limited palette of seven colors. 

I am also almost done with my donation blocks. The last two need final seams and then they all need to be trimmed and mailed.

My big boy is a bit sneezy with a cold or allergies. Seems a bit better today but still kind of needy. I hope this is not serious.

Comments