A revved up morning

My body clock did not reset after we made the clocks "fall back."  I am awake before 5 and am seldom able to get back to sleep. So after breakfast with Clyde the cat I tiptoed to the Quiltorium and actually got a few things done.

Borders on The ghost of Christmas Fabrics Past wallhanging.

Lets talk about my fabric storage woes. La Passacaglia has sent me pawing through every bin and drawer willynilly. In my haste I leave things in a jumble. So I am trying to spend a little time straightening out bin by bin and drawer by drawer. The greens are done....need to make a green quilt for sure.

In the Christmas drawer i have fat quarters, half yards and yardage plus smaller scraps.

Smaller scrsps are hard to keep track of so i gathered them, pressed them, and put strings in one pile and ran the rest through the die cutter. I can use the 2" squares as leaders and enders for small projects, and make some potholders and coasters with the strings, thus using up my big collection of batting scraps.

Next problem. Son #2 moving back in for a month starting December 1 while between apartments.  Need to get my stuff outta his room.  Found a piece of plaid wool in there that appears to be from an old coat lining.  I have to stop saving stuff like this!

Ten minutes of effort and it is now a stylish midlength infinity scarf and no longer a problem.

All this frenzy resulted in quilter's high fiber diet: fabric sliver in the bottom of my coffee cup. Does this ever happen to you?

Comments

  1. I've never ended up drinking threads, but I did find a pin embedded in the carpet yesterday. That plaid is really pretty! Smart to just stitch it right up into something useful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Louise. I hate it when I lose pins. Would hate for Clyde to find it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!