Good Fortune Clue 1

I managed to get my little four patches done before Sunday because I am only making half....for now. So I am all set for the first Mystery Monday Linkup.

I will have a cool color dominant quilt that looks very different from Bonnie's original. I am a little stressed about branching out on my own for the first time with colors, but after looking at this photo, I think it's going to turn out fine. I may need to get more variety in my reds, golds and purples, but who needs an excuse to shop for fabric?

I worked hard at tidying up the quiltorium after I finished yesterday, and by the end of the day, things looked manageable in there. I tidied up my blue and brown batiks, and my greens are all stacked neatly now as well. I am going through that storage area color by color and setting things in order for 2019.


So manageable that I managed to get this quick panel quilt quilted and ready to bind. I figure I can hang it on one of my downstairs doors for the season.

 I am on a mission to use up more of my holiday fabrics. I did a little holiday string piecing to put me in the mood for string frenzy.  Photos of that tomorrow.

My string bins....that's another story. Some of the strings are in open baskets and bins, and as I was pawing through my neutral strings this morning I raised a dust cloud that gave me a coughing fit. Not good!  So I washed the first batch of them in a lingerie bag in the sink and put them in the dryer. They didn't ravel, so I will be washing these older strings in the deep stash like this. My String Frenzy was ordered Friday morning, so it should be arriving soon. The trunk show was posted Sunday morning. Did you see it? I am thinking Straits of Mackinac and Sand Castles and Daybreak are my favorites, and I may start the year by making a few blocks of each. The good news is I already have a lot of little scrappy four patches that I make as leaders and enders for some of Bonnie's designs.

I also want to get back to some more intricate knitting again. I am making these Selbu mittens for a Christmas gift. If I can get one finished this week, I know I can get them done. I made it past the thumb gusset (one of the marvelous Scandinavian mitten innovations).


 The pattern is from a collection/book called Selbuvotter. It even has patterns for gloves for the more adventurous knitter.

The only thing holding back my progress is my needy boy Clyde.  Still more of a mama's boy since Bonny passed on. He keeps finding me and giving me the side eye if I am ignoring him.

Yep, he's still here while I type.







Comments

  1. Cute panel! And your colors look great for Bonnie's mystery. I've decided to play along and have my four patches done. I'm making 2/3 the number of blocks, because I don't want a big bed quilt. Good luck washing your strings! Don't let Clyde play with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty blues and kitty kisses please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blues. Cool colors are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Louise is in on the mystery! My strings did tangle a bit so i may rethink the washing approach....maybe rinse my smaller matches and let them airdry. I do love the cool colors....of the last three mysteries Ringo Lake was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Joanne! You're a no reply commenter so I don't have your direct email address. Here's the info for A Doll Like Me: Quilts should be about 20x24, but a little bigger or smaller is fine. The dolls are 18" tall. Send the quilts to:
    Amy Jandrisevits
    15240 West Krahn Court
    New Berlin, WI 53151

    It's not a charity yet, but she's just one gal making these beautiful dolls and selling them at very low profit. She totally matches the doll to the child. So if the little girl has curly red hair and no left leg, the doll also has curly red hair and a tiny prosthetic leg. I wish you could see the photos, because the doll faces are just the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Louise....will try to get a donation together after i do the covered in love blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cats and quilting, a perfect combination. Love your colours, it is a bold step to make the change but well worth it when you have your unique quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!