Clue 3 Under Trying Circumstances

As in the other clues for Good Fortune, I am making roughly half the specified number of units for Clue 3 (linkup). My color for this clue is golden yellows. I have a few, a very few bright yellows in there to give it a little bit of shimmer.


It's times like these that I really miss my little BonnieCat. She would just curl up and sleep while I sewed. Her presence was enough to keep Clyde mostly out of our space.  She never tried to get between me and my tools or my sewing machines. Clyde is a different animal. He is a needy Mama's boy. Even moreso since Bonnie has died.

First, he jumps up on my sewing desk and insinuates himself slightly into my way. A few tail taps on my works in progress pieces lets me know he is ready to do battle.

Then the giant paws move in closer.
He is a big tom with huge feet. Bonnie was so dainty, and just wanted a quilt or quilt top to rest on.  I miss you little girl!




I got him backed off from giving head rubs to my machine, but I had to be vigilant, because he rubs the front corner where the little thingy goes up and down to carry the thread through the tensioner. (what is the name of that thing?) So I have to sew with my hand cupped over the top corner of the machine while guiding the pieces through with my other hand. I......was.....determined.....to.....get.....these......done today.

Next I convinced him to sit on my lap, and boy he is a lapful!  The ergonomics of this sewing position were not the best for me!

I managed to get it all done. I fed him his lunch and quickly came back up to finish trimming everything.

My Clue 3 is done for now. Afterwards, I tidied up the quiltorium a bit, and will work on a few other things before Clue 4 drops.







Comments

  1. Ha! Love your cat commentary! Give the big guy his due—he sounds like a love! Your pretty Bonnie, so sorry for your loss. I had my son’s cat for a few years. He was always in the middle of things and was super annoying! But then when he went back to live with my son, I really missed him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may vomplain about Clyde but He really is the most lovable cat I ever had.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!