Finished Clue 2 of Good Fortune

Made a few more than what I think I need for a wallhanging. With all these clues I will likely need to make extras when the final design becomes apparent.  I am growing to love my  color choices more with each clue.

Even my schnibbles are pretty!

I need all the help I can get to pump the holiday spirit while I am nursing a sudden head cold that started Monday night.  I may not be able to go to my art class or art group tomorrow if I am still sneezing and sniffling. It is the kind of cold that would have kept me at work in my workin days, but I think it would be inconsiderate to infect other retirees, especially during the winter holiday season. It's ok, if I stay home tomorrow I have a writing project in my freelance queue. I don't pick up much new work anymore, as life is busy. But I have one or two clients who are easygoing, pay is decent and they only need things every now and then.

Here are my clue 2 HSTs.  I find I am doing less sliver trimming as the years go by.  I stick with one machine for piecing and as long as I cut slowly and accurately, for many of these units I am only needing to clip the dog ears (Clyde wants to know why they are called dog ears and not cat ears?)
My copy of String Frenzy should arrive tomorrow.  Here is the pile of stuff I made from Christmas fabric strings while waiting for it. I have some really old holiday fabric, maybe from the late 70s early 80s. 

Clyde was not a cooperative prop that day.  He had come up to remind me that his lunch is only an hour away and I should arrive in the kitchen on time, actually he never minds an early lunch. 


Comments