2019 the year of the string......

Strips and strings seem to multiply secretly in the dead of night. Thank Bonnie for String Frenzy and thank Covered in Love TX for regular block drives that turn string blocks into labors of love for dying patients and their families. I enjoy making smaller string blocks (6.5" and under) when I have a few spare moments here and there, but the big ones seem to take me a long time. I worked on these for Covered in Love for about an hour and turned out two complete blocks and started two others.

The good news is I can now get a lid on the string bin.  The bad news is I have strings on the floor and on two of my sewing tables....

I need to figure out which of my machines sews straight stitch the fastest. My featherweight's  top speed seems a little slow for this, but I have committed to use her from time to time so she stays in shape.
My 301 goes at a clip and I love that machine, but I think my Bernina 430 might allow me to churn these out faster on the rabbit setting and with the knee lifter.

Comments

  1. Testing to see if i changed no reply blogger status

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!