January Block Challenge

Spent the chilly morning working on string blocks to finalize my January tally for the 350 block challenge.

 Here's a quick scroll through what I remember doing this month. I was finishing up some 16 patches made from old holiday fabrics. I have stowed them away for whenever Christmas spirit strikes me in 2019.



Then, a personal challenge that I called my bonus triangle wrangle. This little bin is now empty of it's untrimmed HSTs, and they are sorted into smaller containers by size.














And of course it was still Quiltville Mystery Season.  Lots of seams in that!


Then there is Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2019. This month's color was RED.

I have something in mind for this, but I can't share it til the designer posts her pattern. I saw it on a video chat and was able to figure it out.

 
Tumalo Trail blocks, because I make the little nine patches as my leaders and enders.








For Covered in Love Texas, I made a total of 8 of these for the Jan/Feb block challenge.



 And, some string blocks for an unknown purpose, just because....there are so many strings laying around here.

I feel like I barely made a dent in the string bin, but the cover stays on now.



Total:

That's a lot of sewing for me!  I don't expect to make as many blocks next month because I have some assembly and quilting and binding that I should focus on.



Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!