Oh well

Live and learn on this years quiltville mystery. A false sense of frugality made me determined to use my stash and go with my own colorway. I don't really like my yellows where they are and would have dwspped them with the blues.  Here is my linkup post

Lesson 1: pick colors and buy accordingly.

Lesson 2: starch the string sashings as they tended to stretch a bit as i sewed them.

Lesson 3: its ok to slow down and make changes along the way. While i am not totally in love with my colors, the work i put in to change out my darker golds was totally worth it. 

Lesson 4: not a lesson at all -- there is joy in the process even if the result is not something i am ecstatic about. I am forever thankful to Bonnie for her talent and generosity.  I was having a pretty dark mood problem the last two months and staying focused on these clues kept my mind in a better place. And lo and behold, by this week, good fortune has settled on me with some good resolution to what was bothering me. 

I will take a breather before i start the borders. I have a scrapsplosion in the quiltorium that i need to set in order.

Which work surface should i clear first?




Comments

  1. Oooh, I really like your colors! Maybe it's not exactly what you saw in your head, but I think it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Louise. Its growing on me. Maybe when the borders are done i will be really pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your quilt looks wonderful. I think your colors are lovely.

    Of course, we quilters are always our own worst enemies when it comes to things looking the way we think they should, aren't we?!

    Have a splendid day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was drawn to your quilt in the linky party because it was bold and different. I love it. I hope it continues to grow on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Sherry and works4me. I am getting myself focused for the border effort. I think its starting to grow on me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!