RSC2019 and Good Fortune

Lots of red this morning for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Saturday Linkup.

I set up a string piecing station on the little desk i rescued from mom's house. This was where i did my homework in high school. I needed to reorganize a bit first but it was worth it to get my little featherweight back in service. She didn't require much oil to get going and i love the sound if both my old singers.

First we made some little string blocks. I have a project in mind for this but can't post it until the designer publishes the pattern. Something she held up in a live video a few months ago....

I also finished piecing two holiday placemats from those small HSTs. I used up 128 bonus triangles on these.   I had just enough of the holly border to go down one side and intentionally made the second side a bit wider.

I still have lots of those 1.75" HSTs plus some sets of four in browns, blacks, golds, and reds. So i made this sample block. If i don't make a mini quilt out of them they can go on the orphan block box which needs to be worked on soon. Trimmed up cleanly to 6.75".

And i got my first (red) border on to Good Fortune. Working on the second border today. 

We are on track to get light snow tomorrow unless the forecast moves. Then we might get a significant accumulation. We have not had much snow yet this winter. I am ready for it to change. Snow days are great for staying in and sewing and the woods look lovely with a blanket of fresh snow.

Comments

  1. Those placemats made very clever use of your blocks, good thinking. I like the colors in your new block, rosy and sort of blue neutrals, very nice. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of RED scraps used up!! Each project looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the wncouragement. Paula and Joyful. The neutrals are what they are and will get de emphasized by any sashing i eventually use. I can't remember what project all those bonus triangles came from. I just want to use them up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!