Scrappy Saturday

Saturdays can be productive even when you are retired. That's what I've learned today.

Was up before 6, and decided to take a short walk in the woods, even though it was a frosty 23 degrees out there. Saw three deer before we even left our property, which made me happy, as I thought they hadn't been over here much recently.
Aft4er that walk, I headed upstairs to continue with my triangle wrangle. I made lots more blocks with those pesky 1.75" HSTS I had trimmed. But I only had enough to do 8 blocks. So I might make one more block and turn this into a mini quilt. Or, I may make them circle around a different block.....stay tuned. Otherwise they will be tossed into the orphan block bin.I also have one that needs a bit of rework down there on the lower right.

 We do everything in such a big way in the modern era. I have a huge basket of crumbs and pieces, but the quilters of yore had little scrap bags. Making these blocks made me feel connected to everyone who treasured these smallest pieces and made them into much needed warmth for family and friends.


While wrangling triangles (hey, reach out if you want to do a linkup on bonus triangle projects, I can get one going for us.), I made a few other errors, but these will just go in an orphan block scrap soup kind of quilt at some point so I am not picking them out.


And I made another block for RSC 2019 this week. Red crumb blocks took a long time to piece, so I may do bigger crumbs or string blocks for the other colors.


I am really bad about remembering who posted things like this last week. I will try to get better at it though. The pattern for this was in someone's RSC link last week, so THANK YOU whoever you are. Proud to say I have cut all the blue background pieces for 12 blocks of this pattern.

Comments

  1. Nice work on cutting ALL of the background pieces you will need for your Butterfly blocks!! He looks beautiful in RED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off to a great start. So smart to but the backgrounds ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks folks but i have to be honest. I never would have found that background yardage again if i let mobths go by. So i did all the cutting up front.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!