Finally Seeing Orange

Today dawned on the chilly side, so I got some sewing time before heading outside to do yard work.
I finished the scrap piecing for a new butterfly block. It will be a bright one! A bit behind this month on orange projects for RSC2019.

Before that I finished the blocks I need for my Daybreak project. I simply can't force myself to do any more of these so it will be a wallhanging. 

Maybe with solid cornerstones instead of the tiny four patches. Coral pinks leftover from On Ringo Lake. 

There is so much yard work to be done because I really couldn't do much out there while working and travelling so much of the time for work. I had a huge rhododendron that was on its last legs, but a few years ago, we started pruning it back and fertalizing it, and we were rewarded with lots of blooms his year. The shape is still somewhat odd though, but we will take a bit off the top after the flowering is done.

And my irises have done ok despite years of not doing much to them.
\

I really would like to do  a watercolor of them soon. I am trying to transition from copying other artitst's watercolors to working from my own photos or from nature en plein aire. It's hard to achieve the right level of abstraction though.

I will post some photos as soon as I have some original artwork to share. 

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. And let's have a productive week ahead.  (That's a note to myself!)






Comments

  1. SEW glad to see that you played in your ORANGE scraps!! Regarding the Daybreak quilt, kudos for knowing yourself (instead of hanging onto the plan.) Best of luck with the development of your original artwork!! Your garden must surely be a source of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouraging words. I started assembling daybreak and finished the orange butterfly....stay tuned!

      Delete
  2. Sorry you're not thrilled with your Daybreak quilt. Must be no-fun making because they're pretty! Your rhododendron looks great. Love the garden pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just dont have the stamina for more scrappy four patches in squares right now. I am assembling with solid cornerstones and am loving how it is coming together.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!