A wobbly week

Friday morning, on our way to the Nature Center entrance, I rolled my foot side to side on a large pebble in the road. It didn't feel bad, so I took the mile and a half stroll to the woods. Got to see two owls and the still unfolding spring foliage and flowers. 

Got home and went over to Lowe's to pick up some potting soil and plants to complete my planting. Heaved around a 32 quart bag of soil and felt smugly proud of my self.  By the time I got done with the few potting tasks at home, my ankle hurt like first stage labor. Off my feet, resting icing, elevating and taking advil seemed to get me almost ambulatory. Day two, Saturday was another day of lounging with my foot on an ottoman.  Monday, feeling a lot better, but staying home and just doing ordinary indoor stuff. 

So, I missed the RSC linky party on Saturday while feeling sorry for myself.  I did finish my butterfly block the week before, and meant to post it Saturday.

As I photographed it, I noticed that one nearly horizontal orange bar on the left upper wing. Not happy. But I will stipple it with orange thread and it should be ok in the long run.  Moving into BLUE month of June now.

Today, I finally got all my Daybreak blocks assembled into a quilt center. Not sure what to do about borders yet.  But at least I can stop making the four patches in a square and the neutral sashing strips now.


Maybe an inner border of the light seafoam solid and a pink to coral piano key of random widths, with a big four patch in a square in each corner?

But first my friends, I think  a little taming of the clutter is needed, huh? We have reached unworkable levels in the quiltorium.




I may spend most of the afternoon either doing watercolors if it stays cool up here or knitting downstairs with my foot up again.  Either way, it makes me feel grateful to be RETIRED. I just said farewell to the last of my regular freelance clients. No more work deadlines, even small ones, for me.

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about your ankle. Rest and ice and being retired sounds like the best solution to THAT problem :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your butterfly. And the background fabric. You might be inspiring to me to figure out the backgrounds for mine. I hope your ankle gets better quickly. Good thing you have lots of fun ways to spend your time while it mends. Retirement is awesome! I’m laughing about the need for clean-up in the quiltorium. My daughter is thinking of coming to visit, but said she’ll let me know later if she’s coming. I said “No, I need more time than that.” She just doesn’t know that when your sewing room is the guest room, you need a lot of lead time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!