Lazy Day

After a bit of planting (hopefully I am done for the summer with digging and planting!) I spent some time digging out the quiltorium, scrap wrangling, and gathering blue scraps together for the RSC color of the month.

I have my favorite piecing area ready for action. Clean and tidy.


And a bin of scraps for making a rainbow bin. Poor orange is renting space in the yellow bin for the time being.

After lunch I finished a painting. I am trying to do watercolors from photos instead of from other people's watercolors. I still think I am overpainting....a really good watercolor looks so effortless!

On the left is my photo and on the right is my loose interpretation of the photo. It's looking out the driveway of our nature center. 


Here is another one I did of a photo taken by a friend of a hunting cottage on a local marshland.


Watercolor is a hard medium, but it really forces the brain in new directions. When I am not painting, I spend a lot of time looking at things and think, now how would I paint that. It's the inverse of how I would paint it with acrylics because you have to work from the light to dark in watercolor, and there are no do-overs. 

And yippee, I got a lengthy star band done for a languishing rosette for La Passacaglia. Just need to sew it on.




Comments