Lots of Blue this week

I managed to work in short sprints throughout the week and feel that my progress has improved.

I made my Tumalo Trail blocks in blue and inched along on the Hunter's String Star project.  Both are shown on the design wall.

I had decided to focus on making the blue string blocks this week and threaded up the 301 with Navy thread.  Got thirteen string blocs done.  I had to laugh at the stockpile of strings that spans decades.  I guess I am a senior quilt citizen. The top block on this pile has what I hope is the last of my Y2K fabric as well as a small pindot on navy print that is probably about 35 years old.


I also made progress on my La Passacaglia.


Only five more rosette blocks left in the pattern.  I have fussy cut two more centers and printed out what I need with inklingo to finish most of the next star.
Those pieces plus some connecting bits ar on the top right of my pink cutting mat.


I also trimmed some little squares for the tumalo blocks.

And almost caught up with trimming the bonus triangles from my first batch of Hunter's star chevrons.


Today I will try to finish a dark blue scrappy butterfly, but that will only happen if it doesn't get too too hot up here in the quiltorium.  I still have not moved a machine to the dining room, but I may put the FW there to work on the yellow string blocks.  

We went up to one of our town beaches on Long Island Sound yesterday and I enjoyed getting in the water for a while. I plan to do it more often. It's a short scenic drive and the beaches are underutilized and free for town residents. 

Hope everyone is enjoying the summers, indoors and outdoors whatever you are up to!

Linking up to RSC 2019.

Comments

  1. I enjoyed seeing snippets of all your projects! That Hunter's String Star is going to be gorgeous. But the best idea I've heard all day is to go to the beach and get into the water! Unfortunately, I live in Colorado - but I'll picture you enjoying some cool ocean water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truthfully i would take colorado over long island sound any day!

      Delete
  2. Congrats! on your progress in dark BLUE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am off to a slow start on the new color though.

      Delete
  3. A little bit here and a little bit there. You managed to get quite a bit done. I'd call it a great week, especially the dip in the water! Loved the beach while living in Hawaii and in Florida! Not much beach anymore for me since I now live in Illinois. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I havent made as much progress this week!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!