Dog Days

We are in the hottest weekend of the year so far so i have been trying to conserve energy while stitching. I only used my mini iron and not the big one.  And I am avoiding any meal planning that requires a stove or oven.  Saving energy consumption for much appreciated fans and airconditioners.

I made some yellow string blocks this week and today i finished another scrappy butterfly. While that was in the works i pieced some crumb and string blocks and made more ninepatches for tumalo trail...oh and trimmed more bonus triangles from the hunters star chevrons.

I am curtailing my woodland walks because of heat humidity and bugs. I found a lonestar tick on my socks before it attached itself to my leg. This is in addition to the deer ticks and dog ticks that are rampant here. 

I did get a few wild raspberries on my last walk. 

So now its stationary biking til things are cooler and less buggy.

Hope everyone is keeping cool wherever you are.

Linking up to RSC2019

Comments

  1. That's a very pretty pink butterfly. It's a scorcher here, too. Good idea to switch to the mini iron instead of the big one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our heat will break a bit on Monday. Hope yours does too!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've been SEW busy! I don't blame you for moving to the stationary bike. Glad you found time for your PINK butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I dont have many more pinks to work with so i am wondering what i will work on next week.

      Delete
  3. Love your butterfly block. Was hoping to see the other works you mentioned. Stay clear of those ticks. I'm still walking the dog VERY early in the morning. Today we took it easy as the air was so heavy with humidity that it was difficult for me to breathe. Thankfully relief is in sight the beginning of next week. Hope summer eases up a bit for you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This weather foes take its toll. Grateful for the ac here! My tumalo trail blocks are in this https://quiltorium.blogspot.com/2019/07/finally-in-pink.html?m=1 and my hinters string star are here https://quiltorium.blogspot.com/2019/06/lots-of-blue-this-week.html?m=1. Guess the heat was making me too lazy to post more photos but thanks for your interest in my projects.

      Delete
  4. I'm catching up on my reading after being away for a week visiting family. Your pink blocks are looking great! We managed to leave nice cool weather and visit the hot, humid places. Bad planning :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Long Island feels like a bug infested swamp this summer. Cant wait for autumn here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!