A finish and a lifetime first!

First the finish. A quilt for the local hospital. I actually feel like I am making a dent in the stash with these small quilts. All for a good cause!


This week for the first time in my quilting life i cut my finger with my rotary cutter. Luckily it was not deep and i am past the bandaid stage. But it cut two days out of my quilting time.

My stack of donations is growing.  The flimsy on top is next to the finish line.



They also need small pillows to put under patients arms during procedures so i will try to make some of those as well. 

Without going near my cutting mat i was able to finish some random blocks as well. 


What else have I been up to?

Artwise i am trying to build skill by using an app called sketch a day. They give a daily prompt and here is some of what i have sketched or painted in response:


TRANSFORM

RUSSIA

ZEBRA


MACHINE
LAB
LAKE
WARRIOR
ENGINE
TOURIST

I am excited by what i have done in small pockets of time by using this app.  

Oh and it is finally cool enough for morning walks and so nice to see the babies still in their spotted coats.


Linking up to RSC2019




Comments

  1. Congrats on finishing up so many donation quilts! I love the blue Apple cores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Build skill?! Those pieces look like you are already an accomplished artist. Congrats on completing your new BLUE donation quilt, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Joyful...you are very talented already. I love those sketches and they are quite developed, imo. And you are so kind to donate your time and quilts to a needy cause. I'm sure they will help brighten someone's mood at a well needed moment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!