A little trim

I am assiduously pressing and trimming those fiddly little hsts for the small shoefly blocks. I do them in batches. So now i have a backlog of all the required pieces in a bin by my sewing machine.  They are addictive so i tend to make them more as a block and less as a true one seam leader and ender quickie. Trimming the hsts really helped my accuracy. I dont think the points will get eaten on that middle block in the picture below. The two on the end were made with only finger pressing and no trimming. 


Even with the heat and humidity i managed to stitch a boatload of lattice blocks yesterday. See my last post for the first look at how those are shaping up. I need to trim them all to size and figure out how many more I need to make. This project is eating up lots of older floral yardage. That's a good thing.

I hope to make these into lap quilt for a local hospital in need of adult size lap quilts.

Comments