On the Cusp of September

We got early word on September's color for RSC2019 from Angela who was heading inland hoping to avoid the hurricane. It has turned its sights on a landfall in the Carolinas now so maybe she will not get hit head on by the high wind and rains.

September is Purple. I was a bit lagging on what I wanted to accomplish with the August light blues so here is what I did today. My camera does not do well with colors but these are blue and purples for my Tumalo Trail.

I couldn't resist throwing all of my blocks from previous months together, and it looks very exciting so far. I think i missed pink so I will have to crank out a few of those this month as well.



Yesterday I bound the fourth quilt I want to donate to the local university hospital. So here is my stack of outgoing donations. I finished two of these earlier in the year, and I am happy to be using my stash for a good cause.



I washed them all today and dried them. They are ready in their bag for a handoff now.

So here is a recap of all things quilty from me this month.





 A few of these little leader and ender blocks. I think I may bump up to the larger version of this block after I make a few more of these. The hsts or too fiddly for my nerves right now.

And some more progress on Hunter'sStringStar.


I had set aside a purple project earlier this year or late last year, so I am happy to be able to pick up on that UFO again.


Comments

  1. I really like Tumalo Trails blocks all together on your wall! Such pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I thonl tbis quilt will be very cheerful

      Delete
  2. Your Tumalo Trail blocks look beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I will add some pinks and corals and maybe more reds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, WHAT?!?! No more hurricanes for the Carolinas, please. You did a great job on your scrappy sewing during August! Looking forward to seeing your PURPLE scraps in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this one is going to keep us guessing. I expect we will be in the cone here in the nyc area by morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Tumelo Blocks look so pretty! I thought the same thing about the new leader & ender project -- so tiny! I did see that there were also larger sizes with directions but I haven't started it .... yet. The Churn Dashes are certainly cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many pretty projects, those Tumalo Trail blocks look great together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!