Testing 123

I have been whining for weeks over my sluggish quilting progress. I decided to change things up a bit to get out of my slump. Yesterday's post revealed a new blue project for August but I was getting bored with my Leader and Ender ninepatches. So I decided to kit up a few 4" blocks from Quiltville's 2029 Leader and Ender pattern.

I was lamenting my stale ancientoff white neutrals when I saw Julie's Plethora flimsy on the RDC2019 linkup for this week. She suggested augmenting my stash with small cuts of whiter more modern neutrals. It made me remember i had some newer neutrals in my charm pack/jollybar bin. 

I can cut the neutrals for a 4" shoofly from a single 5" charm with very little waste!

I wanted to see if i could get an accirate block with only fonger pressing and no trimming of those hsts. Almost.....but i see two triangle points that will get eaten in the seam allowance.  

So i decided to make sets of four hsts and trim them to put in the block kits rather than kit them up with untrimmed hsts.

I did a lot of cutting today and statted making some 6.5" floral lattice blocks as well. Photos of those tomorrow.



Comments

  1. I struggle with some of those older neutrals, too. But mixing and matching them does seem to work in a scrappy quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!