Crystal growth

I assembled four more blocks and half of another. Then cut more triangles to keep it going. I wonder if i can finish without buying more purple......


Its been an artsy week for me. My watercolor class starts on Thursday so I am doing some small studies to clean up my skills a bit. I still tend to overpaint which kills a watercolor. Here are two small studies I did this week. I think I might do a larger version of the mountain one. 


And I did this when the sketch a day prompt was "wind." I had to crop it square for upload to the app.
And this one for balance.

And yesterday's topic was "ears" so i did some colorful elephant's ears (caladiums).


With lots of artwork and not much quilting, I am still linking up to RSC2019



Comments

  1. Wow, your work is amazing! Have fun in your class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ka. I made about 80 more hsts yesterday. Meed to cut out a gazillion more.

      Delete
  2. Your blocks are beautiful and your painting is stunning! I love Balance and Elephant Ears. For whatever reason they really speak to me. No matter the medium, you're definitely one talented gal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that one creative outlet feeds the other.

      Delete
  3. I love seeing how you keep stretching yourself as an artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.....feel like i have too many interests sometimes but i will find a wsy to keep my balance.

      Delete
  4. Love your crystal blocks! Very pretty. Very pretty watercolors too. Have a great arty weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate....the only thing i need to make time for now is my piano!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!