Not a very quilty week

But I am making progress. I have one more scrap crystals block done.

And lots more sub units ready to assemble. But I went rummaging for more neutrals because I ran out of neutral triangles. A lot of my neutral stash is aged like a fine wine and  not too exciting. I really try to limit my impulse fabric buying but I found this jolly bar.

Lots of fresh new neutrals! And some purples that I had not incorporated.

A few passes through the trusty accuquilt ensued.

And my swiffer box of cut pieces was replenished for more chain piecing.


In my defense I did finish a beach painting just as summer winds down.


My garden is picked clean by the deer but they left me one floret of a purple hydrangea. That was the only bloom they allowed me but they must have known it was purple month.


Linking up to RSC 2019

Comments

  1. I absolutely LOVE your beach painting (and your Scrap Crystals in PURPLE!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy! I really struggle with acrylics. I find it messy and wasteful of paint.

      Delete
  2. Good job on the Crystals blocks. Love your painting ... looks so peaceful that I almost feel like I'm there smelling that wonderful salty air. Hysterical about the deer (although really not that funny) being so considerate to leave you one piece of purple hydrangea. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie! I am never really mad at the deer....I love seeing them. I just thought it funny that they left one floret. It is actually still their atop that very exhausted hydrangea bush.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!