Purple fun today

My goal today was to finish my purple butterfly block. Here it is with the others I made.

I need to make three more. I didnt think green would look right and worried that aqua would not stand out against the blue but I will reconsider. Maybe a very pale whitish one in the middle would work too. Or perhaps a black butterfly. I would like to end up with 9.

I thought i was done before lunch so I rushed to take this picture. It topk me a while to figire out what I had done wrong. Itvlooks like a muscular butterfly with huge shoulders!

The rest of the after noon was spent working on scrap crystals making the sub units for this gorgeous block. I really shouldn't show you the partial assembly because it would give away the instructions. I have enough partial assemblies to make four more of these big blocks. Lots of hsts left to cut and sew and press. I shall soldier on. Here are the ones I did months ago. 



Linking up to RSC2019

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your "beefy" butterfly! I got a good chuckle out of that. Love, love, LOVE your Scrap Crystals in PURPLE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The scrap crystals are a lot of work but worth it.

      Delete
  2. Your Scrap Crystals look great! I've been making that block for RSC, using a dark blue background. It's amazing how simple the one sub-unit is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your scrappy butterflies! Do you have a pattern you could share? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! https://www.canuckquilter.com/2017/01/rsc-butterfly-purple-edition.html?m=1

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!