Snippets of time

 I feel like these little snippets represent the short spurts in which i got some quilting done today.
Yesterday i did have time to spend a few solid hours on scrap crystals and completed three more blocks.

But its a new month so i needed something for RSC 2019.

Halfway done with some black and white tumalo trail blocks.

I agree with Angela. These will really add spark to that collection of blocks.

Its getting bit crowded on my sewing desk so i decided to to sew up the remaining kits for the mini shoo flies.

I think with two more i can throw together a mini quilt or something with these.
And I saw a tutorial for 

Bonnie's Crooked Courthouse Stepsblocks and got that new project itch. 
These are fun so far. And I do have a lot of strings.......

So why do I have these snippets of time?
I am painting a lot more often now and my painting area is near my sewing room.  Watercolor and gouache require drying time between the layers of paint are applied. So I lay down a layer, go sew for a while and then come back and paint some more.

In general my time is limited because i am in watercolor class again on Thursdays and its the beginning of oak leaf harvest and i am exercising more so i can drop a few pounds. Luckily, autumn clears my head and brings me a surge of energy after i am sapped by the heat humidity and bugs of summer.

Hope everyone is enjoying the cooler weather and inspiring colors of autumn.







Comments

  1. Your projects are coming along nicely. Have fun with that new Bonnie quilt! I was feeling the tug after seeing the tutorial. MUST resist!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!