Consolidating and pushing forward

I didn't get much quilting time this week, but I made at least five more Covered in Love blocks. I am going to try my best to make a whole quilt to ship off to Kat, even if it takes me til January to finish it. I like these colors and the blocks work up fast.  Plus it makes more sense than having Kat have to ship the blocks off to someone to make the quilts with, and I am sure she will get lots of these blocks---they are just so soothingto behold. They are providing a nice antidote to the rainy gray skies and bare tree limbs of a late autumn in NY.

So here is what I have so far. I will shoot for a 48 by 60 throw because that is easy to quilt on my domestic machine.

 I would like to get these blocks finished before Friday....but with Thanksgiving prep, even for a small gathering of us five here time will be short.

I cleared the crooked courthouse blocks off the design wall and sewed them together in 4s. But I had a sad moment seeing Bonnie's sweet Sadie in that first photo.  She was really one of the quilting gals with us all for so many years.


I need to clear things off the cutting table to get ready to Frolic on Friday! So there will be a lot of Texas here in new york for a while while working on the mystery quilt and Covered in Love TX blocks. 

Also need to give my 301 a clean up, lube and new needle and put new blades in the rotary cutters. Let the fun begin.  Hope everyone has a very happy thanksgiving. 

Linking up to RSC2019 even though I haven't finished anything!






Comments

  1. That's great that you plan to make a whole quilt of the Covered in Love blocks! Thanks for your generosity :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SEW sweet to shoot for mailing Kat a completed quilt!! She will be thrilled with your contribution.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!