Time marches on

I felt a rush of emotion as I laid out my parents' china and Crystal for the first time since I hauled it home after my mom died in 2017. Our Thanksgiving was a small gathering of 5 so very different from the big family gatherings at my mom's house. But I am glad I kept this connection to the past....Mom and Dad would be pleased. Although my taste is much simpler than theirs, the beauty of late afternoon light on their treasured Fostoria was breathtaking. And for five people the handwashing was not a big chore.

Up early waiting for the mystery quilt to begin......

Comments

  1. Thanks....these are a bit fancy for my taste but I am glad to have these as a tie to my parents who treasured them and always told me they would be mine soneday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!