2019 Year End Inventory

I thought that I would do a year end retrospective before planning for 2020. I decided that yes, a little structure is needed to move things along, but I reserve the right to go down new avenues as the muse strikes me. Fair enough?

As 2019 began, I decided to join in some blog linkups. One I stayed with, RSC2019. and unfortunately, I fell off the wagon with Prairie Moon Quilts 350 block challenge. Alas, this was a great challenge idea, but I got very lazy about keeping track of my block tally and reporting in after the first few months. 

The RSC crew was amazingly inspiring with their work, and I enjoyed seeing what everyone was up to every week. 

I was also diverted by new shiny objects from Bonnie Hunter  (and I always will be!) and I really want to try some designs from the Quilted Twins. I've ordered fabric from them and I really admire the amount of charity quilting that Becky does over there in Poland.  Covered in Love TX allowed me to use up some stash for a good cause, and I will continue to donate to the block drives. I found a local organization, Stony Brook Stitchers where I can donate without paying for postage as they are right down the road.

So month by month, what did I accomplish?

In January:

I pieced a lot of stuff from bonus triangles and old Christmas prints....but I don't think these are quilted yet! 


I finished a variation of Bonnie's Idaho Square Dance with a redesigned alternate block.





In February, I finished this, which went to Stony Brook Stitchers.


And I made the first of several color themed scrap bins. 
And a few sunny yellow accessories.
I also finished my 2018 Quiltville Mystery, Good Fortune (shown here as a flimsy)

In March, I finished an Emerald City Wallhanging.


In April and May, I had lots of spring garden tasks to tend to, and was in watercolor class, so I finished nothing. But still worked on blocks here and there.
By June, I almost had a flimsy ready to quilt. But I decided I want this to be a little bit longer, so I will add some bands to the top and bottom of a coordinating idea before I put final borders on it. 

For the rest of June and July, blocks were made, and by then I had three nice scrap bins.

In August, I focused on some charity quilts that went to Stony Brook Stitchers.





                                      
In September, blocks were made, but no finishes. I was also doing a lot more painting and sketching by September.

In October, I started and finished Punkin Patch.

In November, I made a few small items.






And in December, I finished a table runner from some bonus triangle blocks I had put aside since January.



So I guess that makes six Quilts, a wallhanging, three scrap bins, two table runners, a few small quilted items, a flimsy and a number of started projects for which I have multiple blocks:





I have also kept up with all the clues for the Quiltville mystery so far.


Now I can see that it was really a productive year. Add in all the painting, sketching,and charity knitting/crochet that I failed to photograph, and I can be proud of 2019. I think 2020 will see the same seasonal ebb and flow of quilting, but that's ok.

I think this review has helped me, and my next post will have a bit of planning. 




Comments

  1. Congratulations on a productive year of quilty goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy! Your work has been part of my inspiration

      Delete
  2. You had an amazing year of creating! So many wonderful finishes, especially for your charity donations. I'll have to check out Stonybrook Stitchers. And I like the idea of wandering down new avenues in the new year as the mood strikes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun seeing what all you've accomplished ... and started. Here's to a very creative & productive 2020! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!