Just a bit of green....

Not a terribly productive week after the realization that i just gotta sew faster.

I did finish up another crochet bed shawl for donation. I will try to get some photos of them before i turn them in next week. 
I managed to make one green framed crumb star for RSC2020.  I have another green one in the works.


I did lots of sketches but i think i will start a separate blog for artwork. Stay tuned.

Of course the big reveal for Frolic was Friday. I love it but have a lot of work ahead of me.  I decided to work through the final instructions slowly. I needed to cut some neutrals and a funny thing happened.

For about a week i have been missing a phone handset that recharges on my desk. My desk area is a multitasking mess of art supplies, personal paperwork and more. My sewing room has every surface bursting with so many projects in motion. It felt good to start returning some of the frolic fabrics to storage. Anyway....when i opened a neutral strips bin and started pawing around for lighter strips I felt something hard in the jumble of strips.....the missing phone! That bin was left open, half under a table...I suspect the phone was knocked over by a mischievous paw. Under interrogation, he remains staunchly silent so I will never know.

I needed to get out the accuquilt to improve my neutral strip variety with new purchases and that ate up some time. Nevertheless, I managed to cut everything for the final asssembly and I tidied up a bit.

And had to make one block. Its not crooked just drooping off the design wall.

Not the best combo of prints but it will find a place in the grand scheme. Hoping to get a few more blocks done today and knock out two sketches to get ahead of daily prompts from sketchaday. 

I am formulating a new strategy for string blocks and will post about it soon.....




Comments

  1. Lovely Crumb Star and Frolic blocks!! I had to laugh out loud at your phone story. I did the same thing with my 60mm rotary cutter not so long ago!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!