Midweek Update

Quilting


Frolic Clue 7 has taken up all my quilting time. I thought I could get by on my tablet without printing the clues and for the most part that has worked for me. I haven't even downloaded the clues this year. Why? Because it would be exhausting to make a Quiltville Mystery again in different colors! Anyway, I sewed about six of the final pinwheels in the wrong orientation, so there was a lot of unsewing this afternoon, then one block was way short so it had to have some parts replaced. But I am done with the pinwheels and the clue. Except I have not paired the pinwheels back up with the remaining HSTs in that set. Maybe tomorrow.

I feel a little tense about some of the colors. As usual, I went far afield from Bonnie's paint chips in order to limit purchases. My raspberry drifted into the bright side, and my blues are all over the map. This didn't end up badly in my Allietare, En Provence or Ringo Lake. Let's not discuss Good Fortune where I went with my own colors and hated the way that turned out.

So I may make more of Clue 7 units after I see the reveal, or at least a glimpse of how these come together. I am so so ready to start some assembly soon.

I also cut some squares so I can make string blocks for Covered in Love. I will continue to support them. Was thinking about doing more for Stony Brook Stitchers, because they are local, but I handed off four quilts to them in September and never got a thank you email or anything I can use to prove I donated to them if I want to itemize my tax deductions, so I am crossing them off my list.

I set aside orphan blocks that I can make into a small quilt. I simply must carve out more time in my day. But I also promised myself I would practice the piano daily, and I missed a day yesterday, so it's time to do that.

Painting


I finally framed my last watercolor from the fall class.Again, it's a copy of a real artist but I think I learned a lot on this one. Don't put any gray in the shadows, and leave a lot of bright white paper.


I am toying with the idea of moving all my artwork to a separate blog. Alternatively, collecting it on a tab called Sketches and Paintings. Most of it ends up in my Sketch-A-Day feed, but that's for users of the app only. Any preferences on that, my few readers? Please comment and tell me what you think.

Today's sketch word was "shout." I struggle with drawing faces and people, so I quickly painted this little bird from a photo.  I think I need to rework the wing a bit, as it looks a bit deformed.


 

Comments