Starting the Year off Right

Wow it's been a productive day here. Strength training, vacuuming, getting the tree back in the box, shopping for basics at Joann's, a little crocheting, and over an hour in the quiltorium.  The rest of the afternoon I've been trying to get all the software setup for my new camera. But the documentation is not up to my standards so it's slow going.

First off, here is a painting I completed yesterday. It's for a montage at the Senior Center where my art group meets on Mondays and Thursdays.  I am not 100% happy with it, but I want it crossed off my list of things to do so this is as good as it's going to get.

I worked feverishly on my Tumalo trail and all the blocks I have made thus far are assembled. Yeah, I could have arranged the colors better, but this is what it is.  It is about 50 inches wide by 61" which is enough for a throw. I am thinking of a piano key border of varying widths....this will allow me to sneak in some older blah fabrics from my strip bins every now and then.

So here is what it looks like so far. I thought with all the colors, it should have solid sashing and cornerstones to calm things down just a bit.

After joining the Planning Party someone actually volunteered to be my accountability buddy in 2020! Sherry and I will help keep each other moving., and we seem to have a lot in common. Hey Sherry if you are reading this, I will add your blogs to my sidebar tonight.

And So It Begins!

The color for January is GREEN, bright greens. It just so happens that I will be cutting lots of green tomorrow to keep up with the surprise clue that was posted for Frolic. Yay!

Comments

  1. Tumalo Trail looks fabulous so far! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks....lets hope it doesn't collect too much dust before its finished!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful montage! And your Tumalo Trails isn't bad either! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!