I want to rest here a while....

Yesterday morning, I finished the center section of Frolic at last! On to the borders soon, but I spent the day looking for lost things and tidying up my desk. Not fun at all.

I need to clear off a full cutting table to trim this part of the quilt up, as it is quite heavy with all these seams. 

I was battling my mistakes unto the very last block. I even found this one after it was fully surrounded in the quilt. Oh my stars!


 I am itching to just do some mindless sewing for a while though. This morning I made some orange centers for framed crumb stars so that i could link up to RSC2020. I feel like a slacker only showing frolic color this far into February so here you go.




I  might do the star points in bright yellow or magenta.  I think with a few more of the greens these blocks could make a nice bright charity quilt. I will work on my crooked courthouse blocks a bit this afternoon. I just need to work on small stuff after putting those frolic blocks together.

Over in the artwork part of my life, here's what happened this week:

 Oil pastels:


 Watercolors:






Comments

  1. The BH Mystery looked like quite the bugger this year. I saved all the steps but I doubt I'll ever make it. Congratulations on sticking with it! Love the kitty picture. You're very talented in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie. I think I may just do half the blocks next year.

      Delete
  2. So glad you were able to sneak some orange scrap sewing in there. So frustrating when a turned block makes it all the way through to the finished top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I spent about an hour cutting out some orange fun today....stay tuned!

      Delete
  3. There is plenty of joy and beauty here. I am sure a break from sewing will help you get back in the swing of things. Frolic is complicated and you are not alone in making those mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wise words. It is important that quilting remains joyful for me. I never want it to feel like drudgery.

      Delete
  4. Those ORANGE centers for your Crumb Stars are definitely a good "palate cleanser" after the intense piecing of Frolic!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!