Orange and Frolic

Well, this week I managed to get the skinny inner border onto Frolic and am putting a gazillion (what it feels like) HSTs under my needle to make the outer border.

The pink/marroon borders are pieced and now I am on the blues.

But I had to finish up these framed crumb stars so I color coordinate for RSC2020.
Earlier in the week I whipped out some small 3.5" string blocks because I was generating a lot of short strings from piecing larger blocks.  However, I managed to take a slight rotary cut to the middle joint of the middle finger of my left hand. That required me to bandage that joint straight for a few days until it closed up. It was not a deep cut, thank goodness.

Our weather has been up and down, still a bit chilly, but it's good to have more daylight. I took my new camera on a walk, and only got some shots of a few ducks. 

But they were good at evading my shutter while they dove for their breakfast.

Artwise, the prompts this week were not so much fun on SketchADay. But here are three that turned out ok.

Fossil: A wasp in amber

Quiet: a girl reading a good old fashioned book. 
And for Blonde, I did a chocolate chip blondie.  which only made my have sugar cravings....



Well, back to the borders for me. 

Comments

  1. Love the bits of ORANGE in your small String blocks!! And all the other bits, too! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you cut yourself! We do suffer for our art :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't participate in the Bonnie Hunter mystery this year. I'll have to live my scrappy happiness through quilts like yours. Happy sewing. Love your little string blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your cut will heal quickly. Your blocks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kathy and Frederique. I await the backing fabric delivery so I can finish with Frolic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!