Baby quilt

A local charity is collecting 36 by 36 crochet knitted or quilted blankets for babies born in a hospital serving a very poor population. So I used leftovers from my last quilt to make this. I have it pinned out and ready to quilt.


It has been an emotionally difficult week for me as the virus spreads and the nyc area and everything closes down. We are stocked but my younger son lives in the heart of midtown manhattan and that seems so far away in our present situation. The gove4nor keeps saying they will not lockdown nyc...but who knows.
And thats the worst of it for me.

I try to focus on getting some exercise, sewing, artwork, taking photos.
Slowly but surely......SPRING! It seems to be coming on slowly this year. We are hoping for just a little more warmth so that we might meet our friends in a park and chat across a safe distance.


Linking up to RSC2020

Comments

  1. Lovely bits of TEAL, turquoise, and aqua!! Best of luck to your son in NYC. It's a scary time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. I hope you can visit with your friends soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty spring flowers. Lots of unknowns for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute quilt to love a baby - stay healthy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice baby quilt. Stay positive ... this too shall pass. I love walking my dog each morning. Some days I see folks, some days I don't. Either way I enjoy watching Spring come to life and hear all the birds. Yesterday I saw the kingfisher across our pond and that made me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!