Finished Frolic!!!!!!

It is not going to win any awards with it's eaten triangle points, messy meandered quilting, and binding mishaps, but it's done!  Quilting this was very difficult on my Bernina Aurora, which doesn't have a huge amount of throat space. It's an extremely heavy quilt, and will probably be the last big bed sized quilt I ever attempt. I had to break the quilting into short sessions to prevent my shoulders and arms from cramping.

Also, the flatbed on the aurora slides on and off in a groove along the free arm, and the quilt weighed down the end of it so much that it fell out of the groove and I had to pry it off the machine to get it reset right. Luckily I did not break it. I decided I had to shim it up on the end to keep this from happening again.  Fortunately, the last of my college texts yielded up a nearly perfect candidate that I topped up with a quilting book and a magazine to get the height right. I actually have two editions of this hefty book--about as useful in the internet age as the tables of logarithms and the sliderule I inherited from my dad's college career. I hate throwing books away, and there is no demand for such things on ebay. I will let go of them eventually.

Anyway, here is frolic!

 Clyde, don't you dare jump on this one!

It's so heavy I don't even want to load it into the wash, for fear it will be too heavy when wet. I will just admire it, and be glad I persevered til the end.

It's got some turquoise  in here so I say it counts for RSC2020, I hope you agree.

I want to sandwich this one next and get it over to Covered in Love TX.

I think I have a good sized chunk of turquoise backing to use up on this one, and almost enough binding leftover from Frolic.

However....I do need to do a bit of a tidy-up before starting on that. This was where I piled things so I could free up a table to pin out the Frolic Sandwich. I can't find two pairs of small scissors, numerous seam rippers and a few other lost items in this chaos.

I think I will be skipping some of my weekly activities out at the senior center since Coronavirus has hit my county today and it's likely to spread. Actually my tai chi and yoga classes got suspended, and those are the things where we are the least packed in together. I have plenty to do at home anyway and I have been overstocking my kitchen with food for the last three weeks.

The weather is getting nicer for walks to visit our friends:




So everyone, please stay healthy and remember to eat healthy for a strong immune system!


 

Comments

  1. Your Frolic finished up beautifully and those fruit paintings look good enough to eat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! Your Frolic is gorgeous! Only you will ever see any missed points, etc. There's just way too much going on in a BH design to focus on little matters like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By all means count the turquoise in Frolic for RSC! Good use of the leftovers -- there were a lot in this one. This was the most complex QV mystery yet. Aren't you glad you persisted? And kudos to you for quilting it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous job on Frolic! Looks so good to me! Apparently you are not only eating healthy foods but you are painting them as well. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and Spectacular finish!!! I can see you doing your happy dance :-) Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!