Second 2020 Finish

Woohoo!
Finished this quilt for Covered in Love TX. I need to make a label for it and whip up a few blocks for the current block drive before shipping it out.  


I was able to scrounge a backing with only one seam.

How is everyone managing with the epidemic. I am still getting my head around the fact that being over 60 puts me in the elderly high risk group. It is getting tense and a bit scary 8n the ny metro area. In the space of a few days:
  • My watercolor class at the school district adult ed is cancelled for next week and poss8bly beyond.
  • My senior center is closed for at least two weeks.
  • Stores are stocking out of items. Not too much of a concern for us because i have been prepping and boosting my at home inventory levels for about three weeks.
  • And us old folks are being told to just stay home and avoid all gatherings.
  • My son in NYC is working from his apartment.
Well it gives me more time for my hobbies. I have my next donation quilt in progress and may have a flimsy done in a day or two. Spring cleaning is getting underway, and I have more time to paint. Painting is the most distracting activity as it requires full focus. I am pleased with this one:

And I am out and about with my new camera.
Linking up to RSC2020




Comments

  1. Congrats on your finish for Covered in Love and that gorgeous new painting, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! I love your quilt, and your painting! I am also in my sixties, and not used to thinking of myself as "elderly"! Like you, I'm hoping to spend this time at home on my hobbies and spring cleaning. Good luck, and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely finish. I am also in the high risk category so we can use that use as our excuse to hide and sew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your finish looks terrific! I'm glad you're sending it to CiL. I have a feeling Kat is going to need extra quilts. I'm trying to be optimistic, but my ability to be cheerful comes and goes. Quilting helps, though! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!