What a week

It has been a difficult week here at the fringe of the Covid19 epicenter. But we are all feeling well and surviving the stress of isolation. Taking advantage if the early senior citizen hours at the supermarkets to stay stocked up. I made lots of masks this week to donate to local hospitals. Here is my first batch. I gave some to moms of nurses....they are so worried for their daughters' safety. Some went to hospitals.




I wanted to bind the baby quilt but this took priority. I spent an hour today scrap wrangling from the maskathon cutting leftovers into strips strings and standard sized squares.

It sounds like we may be in further lockdown which may mean we need to really stay home. So I might not make any more masks and get back to quilting.

Here are a few photos i took this week.

Update: I finished a baby quilt today!





Linking to RSC2020 even though I didnt sew much aqua this week.






Comments

  1. Keep on sewing!!! Whatever the project, it goes a long way toward keeping things "normal."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, I am finally beginning to feel a new kind of normal and back in the swing of things. Been a rough coupla weeks.

      Delete
  2. Totally agree with Joyful ... Keep on sewing! It gives us inner peace which is something we really, really need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie....my problem is that I could sit and peacefully piece blocks for days on end....but I lose steam when it's time to baste, quilt and bind. I am glad I am only making relatively small quilts now.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!