Keepin busy

How is everyone doing?  Even here at the fringe of the NYC epicenter, I feel like I have finally settled in for the long haul. I am sticking to a daily exercise regimen, of either a two mile walk, the recumbent bike, the new Total Gym that we invested in. Let's just say that in week one, I discovered a lot of upper body muscles that have been enjoying a long vacation! Free weights in the basement and the heavy bag are in use by resident adult son. So we are all getting our daily dose of endorphins. I sent my exercise resistance bands to my other son in Manhattan, who was hit by the amazon delayed delivery schedule when he ordered his.

Of course that entitles us to some well regulated dietary indulgence, so every now and then I bake a small square crazy cake or a sweet cornbread. I have never been much of a baker but today I may attempt a yeast raised coffee cake. Yes I have yeast, which is hard to find, because I started prepping early. Eggless, easy, and doesn't require hauling the kitchenaid up to the counter.

Quiltingwise, I did manage to push forward on theme for RSC2020.
But that was only after I went into a maskmaking frenzy again. I think I made thirty or more masks on Tuesday and Wednesday. But the pattern I am using seems to run a bit small, so I am going to revert to making the shaped ones without an insert pocket. I found I did have some kid fabrics despite rarely making kid quilts.

 And some denima and lighter weight denim, and this and that.


On the subject of maskmaking, I decided to squirrel into a new creative endeavor and teach myself the GIMP graphic design software. And I put up a Tshirt design for mask makers who want to let people know that they can be a source of masks. Because let's face it, masks will be a thing for sometime to come.

A variety of fits and colors available.

Also a small pin that maskmakers can use to let people know they are a source for masks (and usually a lot cheaper than most retail masks).

Next busy work was to photograph any original artwork. That means stuff that turned out well and was NOT a copy of someone else's painting, which is what I had done for over a year to work on watercolors. 

However, I was Clyded because I left the door to the quiltorium open, and I need to complete that task today.

Seriously, I plan my busy time around his meal requirements. Usually about an hour before a meal should drop, he stalks me and follows me around, so that has to be tidy up time, not productive time. Without this cat, I would be more productive but I love him dearly so I just work around his attachment to me.

I will also be posting stuff to FineArtAmerica.  So far, I have only posted another version of the above T shirt, and two acrylic paintings of two of our cats who have passed on.

So hopefully, I will be at my desk periodically during the week, where it is easier to blog. Let's see if I can get my blogging frequency up this week. Other than that, I plan to frame out those crumb stars,and work on a few things for Sunshine Online Quilt Guild.

Around the internet, Quarantine Quilting has become a thing it seems, so we are all keeping our lives stitched together. Everyone stay safe, stay healthy and stitch on!








Comments

  1. Thanks for the Quarantine Quilting link! I never thought to Google it. Lovely job on your Light BLUE blocks this week, Joanne! Best of luck with your paperwork (and working around Clyde's schedule.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I am done with masks for a while. There should be enough places to buy them by now so i dont feel so motivated to keep churning them out.

      Delete
  2. You're a good egg to be making all those masks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may make some neck gaiters that you can pull up quickly in a crowd. They look a bit more fashionable.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!