A mothers day for the history books

Been a lowkey mothers day. I did my nails and exfoliated my face so i had a bit of spa time. I sewed and painted and had a nice lunch prepared by my husband.  I took a day of rest from my exercise routine after working out hard yesterday. Here are my scrapsnap blocks which wete my fun sewing for today. I will be rummaging for more variety.


It turns out i did not order backing for my T quilt so I pieced one today. Hope to sandwich it tomorrow after I grocery shop.

I did a do over on a painting. Greens are hard to get right for some reason.

Version 1
Version 2


I almost finished a small gouache painting as well. Maybe you will see that tomorrow.



Comments

  1. Interesting differences between the two paintings. Are you working from a photo, or from the view out your window?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was working from a copy of a painting that my teacher suggested i use as a way to paint more loosely. I the first version i used too much dark gray to mix my darkest greens. I dont really like the second version but i think i learned from mistakes in both.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!