It fell short of the mark

I am having one of those weeks...where my energies are too scattered. Things are not turning out well. Especially my latest large watercolor.

Here is its evolution...I think my first washes were saturated enough. (this is usually my first problem....not swatching my colors wet into wet and ending up with sickly pale first washes)

 In my next session, the middarks were coming in well, except I should have painted the bridge first wash before putting those dark greens donw.
 More darks, looking pretty good.....
 I created too much visual confusion in the tree canopy, I think, with little ditzy clusters of green
 And here is where I just forced myself to stop. I have already taken a lot of the light and air out of it, and this is where I will call it finished. It's good in some ways, and I think it fell short in others.....

Comments