It's about me

Over at Not Afraid of Color,  Lee Ann has posted a getting to know you meme that's been going around. So here are my answers.

  Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?

 Clyde the cat, of course!

2. What’s the closest thing to you that’s red?

The mouse I am using with my laptop.

3. Did you meet someone new today?

No, I am the queen of social distancing, having gone into isolation a week BEFORE it was mandated. 

4. What are you craving right now?

Coffee, as usual. and cookies. It's a constant battle to keep my caffeine and sugar intake in check.

5. What comes to mind when I say, “cabbage”?

Coleslaw

6. What does your last text say?

"If you pay your property taxes in person, there is a drive through now to a small trailer in the city hall lot. But you have to get out of your car tp go up to a clerk"

Gosh I am boring...but informative.
 
7. Do you bite into your ice cream, or just lick it?

Bite into it. 

 

8. Do you like your hair?

Gosh, no, never have been at peace with my hair. It's straight and thin, and right now my haircut resembles Scout's in To Kill a Mockingbird. Only with gray mixed in. But Scout and I can make chopped up bangs into a trend for two.

Image result for scout mockingbird

9. Do you like yourself?

I do, but I don't think other people can figure me out. I've been a bit out there most of my life.  As a kid, I was bookish and lost in my own head, and most other kids were jealous of my good grades.  But I have had a wonderful outcome from all that. Two engineering degrees when most women did not do that......kept employed after having my kids, and retired in my late fifties and now free to do what I want, when I want. So I like that fact that my choices have led me to a good place right now. And I can keep my own company easily without feeling lonely. I have to force myself to participate in small talk to try to blend in with other groups of people my age. I just finished reading the second Olive Kitteridge book...and I sometimes judge things the same way, but try to keep quiet about it.

But sometimes, I don't like how I have acted or behaved.


10. Do you like cottage cheese?

It's ok. I don't buy it often. 

11. What are you listening to right now?

Right now all I hear is the fan on my laptop and my keyboard clicks. Earlier I was listening to my Kate Rusby channel on Pandora while I rode the exercise bike.

12. Is there anything sparkly in the room where you are?
Yeah, some rosary beads draped over a statue I took from my mother's house after she died....I have it on my desk and the beads are kind of sparkly.

13. How many countries have you visited?

Italy, Germany, France, Spain, Canada and the UK. 

14. Are you sarcastic?

At times, yes. 

15. Have you ever crawled through a window?

Yes, in high school. We were all going over someones house after class, and she forgot her housekey. So somehow we boosted her into a side window in the alley so she could unlock the door. Not the sort of thing one expected Catholic Schoolgirls in their plaid skirts to be doing. 

And again in high school, I once led the french class revolution and said we needed to have class on the side lawn, so I jumped out the window, and the young nun followed us out. Then when class was over, we crawled back in the window. 

Comments