Wednesday that felt like Saturday

So strange. I had to remind myself repeatedly that it was Wednesday because every day is starting to feel like Saturday. Does anyone else have that problem?

My morning exercise was upper body work on the Total Gym. I got behind on my water intake and had a wicked headache middle of the day, but then I got my fluid level up and I was better.

I have only 8 more blocks to piece for this Scrap snap (or was it snap scrap?) throw. I am trying hard to evoke a wildflower meadow.

When I am done, the lid will fit better on my green bin, which is a good thing.

Progress was made amidst this confusion though.I worked on my painting...trying hard not to put in excessive detail as befits a watercolor piece.

I also took a new approach to mixing my greens. To darken them, I avoided Payne's Gray and Prussian blue, which have led to bad results in the past, and just added burnt siena to some out of the tub greens or greens adjusted with the gamboge yellow that I used as my single yellow choice. I still have some foliage to complete and big and small tree trunks/branches to add, and finally touch up the stream.

I worked on more stuff for my Redbubble shop, did a little sketching, and took some closeup photos without leaving my property.  Home is where the heart is.

Tonight we are going to watch Spy in the Wild. It's a phenomenal series that was jointly produced by BBC and PBS. I am sad to have missed the first few episodes, because the ones I have seen are unbelievable.

Here are sone photos I took today. I was using a screw on closeup lens.






Comments

  1. Both quilt top and painting are coming along nicely! And I love that you can see such lovely flowers without leaving your yard. I haven't seen flowers in days, but the sunsets have been gorgeous for us lately :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could paint skies and sunsets/sunrises all day happily. I am not very motivated to tend my gardens....but I had better focus on that next week. It seems safe enough for an early morning run to a garden center.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!