Decisions Decisions

I am going on a lengthy blogcation. My energy is really too scattered right now and I need time to sort things out quietly.

I know I will not continue to be a blogger blogger, because I am frustrated by their closed ecosystem and the fact that being a no reply blogger is inconvenient for other bloggers.  To clarify, if I leave a comment on your blog, I don't even expect a reply. I may move to wordpress eventually, because I enjoyed that platform when I was a corporate blogger. I will probably start afresh and not try to migrate, because I don't think there is much here worth saving.


Secondly, my life feels less and less like quilting these days. I enjoyed being part of things in RSC last year, but really...it made me start a lot of stuff and finish very few things. But I enjoyed seeing some amazing work that everyone is churning out. I just think the monthly pacing and weekly linkups were becoming more like a work deadline for me. Anyway, summer is a hard season as far as my quilting goes. The Quiltorium is not air conditioned here on the second floor, and I don't feel like sweating over the iron.

It would be a shame not to take advantage of this lengthy lockdown for some introspection and reorientation.

So, I am stepping off on a trail to a new place....and will just be out enjoying and capturing nature til I get there.  So there will be patches of sun and shadow, but I already see some beautiful green when I get down this path. Have a great summer everyone. 








Comments

  1. Sounds like time for a reset and refresh for you. Go with what your gut tells you! I'm glad I'll get a chance to "visit" with you on Sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Louise. I have set up a placeholder at https://sienablue.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will SEW miss seeing your quilt projects and your beautiful paintings!! Enjoy your blogging break and I hope you will still visit my blog on occasion (even though I grumble about your NO REPLY blogger status.) Did I mention that I am going to miss seeing your new paintings? I really like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!