That was a Long Week

With the stealth clue 6 midweek and Clue 7 posting on Friday, it was tough to keep up with the Frolic project. I managed to get clue 6 done today.

I
In spite of some interference from this guy, who held a pile of green triangles hostage for a while.

I have learned to manage him like a toddler. He was well fed before this standoff so I snuggled him downstairs til he fell asleep then moved him off my lap and sneaked back up to finish the clue.

I was using green yardage, not green scraps, but I generated a lot more bright green scraps from the ends of my strip sets, so I am going to say it counts toward the first linkup of Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2020. 

In other quilty news, I got some of last year's RSC blocks assembled into an almost flimsy that just needs borders. See previous post for that, and an acrylic painting that got finished this week as well. And I continued to keep up with Sketch-A-Day. I really need to work on my figure drawing, so I copied from a photo of a college snowball fight today. I am wishing for a little snow, its warm, rainy and foggy here, which makes the winter woods look so drab around here.


I almost feel like December's head cold is coming back. I just feel a little off today. Maybe I will stay in tomorrow as well. 



Comments

  1. Hope you're not getting sick again!! Isn't it funny how almost every bit of piecing we do generates fabric scraps?! Your Frolic is coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I layed low and got extra rest and i feel ok now.

      Delete
  2. Sure hope you aren't coming down with something. Maybe just the letdown after the holidays? Way to keep up with Frolic. I know a few people near me sewing like frolicking demons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Maybe my body went into cookie withdrawal? I am back to healthy eating again. But i am not at the head of the race for these frolic clues.

      Delete
  3. Your project looks great! I think it must be difficult to sew when the cat will sit in the middle of the fabric, but I know they love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Birthe. The cat is my big baby. He just needs a lot of attention throughout the day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I only respond from my computer, and since I retired, I don't spend as much time at my desk, but I will get back to you!